Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Parish Youth Rally

As of this writing, I am doing a Parish Youth Rally in the mission, which is so far, attended by 130 youth in the official list. There are more youth coming, and we are expecting more than two hundred young people for this gathering. It is a week of teaching in the morning. I am greatly helped by our two Comboni Postulants who are in community exposure. They are also for another month of parish exposure, staying in the villages, giving some lessons.

In the afternoons of the rally, we have sports competitions by zones, which are always very much participated, football, netball and volleyball. Then we have the mass daily after they have prepared themselves.

The evenings are set for another competitions such as Bible Preaching, Bible Drills, Memory Verses, Poems, Traditional Dances, Miming, Modern Dances and the highlight is the search for Mr. And Miss Youth Chikowa, taken from the name of our mission. They are so clever in so many ways, very alive and full of energy. These activities are really good diversions, making them busy and focused.

Another highlight is the Choir and Youth Song Festival, which is set on the last Day, Saturday. This is the major competition that really makes them so very preoccupied during their free time. A big Cup (Trophy) is waiting for them. Minor competitions will also receive small trophies, all courtesy from few friends who helped me and encouraged me in this formation of our youth. I am more than happy for their help and concern.

Soon, I will start the workshop again for the youth leaders. Few years ago, I formed a Facilitators Guild, especially on HIV-AIDS, so that they can become teachers to their fellow youth in the villages and nearby outstations. I was so preoccupied for other things that I missed to make a follow up. I will try my very best to make up things. I invited speakers from town or from Non-Government Organizations to help me in this matter.

Another thing that keeps me busy this week is the presence of students whom we are helping for school fees. It is tiring at times because I have to work with them, often in the sun, administer some other works etc. But I love the work too. I really wish them to be educated, the only key to get out from poverty.

I am feeling a little bit tired and drained because of the heat and too much movement. Last week, I had severe headache and a little fever inside me, coughing and colds (flu) probably nostalgia as I was adjusting so much coming from my holiday (joke): “psychological fever” hahahaha. I think i put myself right away busy, moving up and down. But I am very okay, soon things will be alright.

I ask you to keep me and my mission in your prayers as I will do for you always

No comments:

Post a Comment

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP