Powered by Blogger.

Thursday 23 June 2011

Grain of Wheat

There is a strange imagination that I had, during the celebration of the Holy Eucharist. I imagined that I was a grain of wheat. I was with hundreds of grain in one plant. In time of harvest, we were all filed up, stalk after stalk, until there was a huge heap of wheat. Then patiently, we were put in a thresher, and I was completely separated from my brothers and sisters in the same stalk. As if I was removed intentionally but with a hidden purpose. It was somehow a sad goodbye to my brothers and sisters. We were put in bags and bags, and I saw many different reflections of me, all wheat in millions! It was amazing to realize that we all have the same destinations, the same fate and we suffered the same separation. We were all laid, spread on a vast drier in the barn. We got dry, but started feeling refined by the heat of the sun.

One day, a man came in and removed the bag where I was in. Gosh, he brought us to the milling machine! I wanted to shout of fear and the possible pain. Imagine, we are going to be peeled and have to go through a painful process. There was no way for us to protest. We all humbly submitted ourselves in the hands of the man and the power of the machine. One by one, then hundreds and thousands, we entered into the hole and were peeled, and I saw how beautiful creatures we were! We were all facing joy, but great amazement of our transformation! We have become so refined!
More and more painful process, until we were all crushed into pieces. I was crushed a hundred times, until my body was almost invisible, a powder in a vast crowd of powdered grains. I was weighed, transferred from bags to bags, plastic to plastic, container to container and I was completely lost. I was there in thousands of file.

A refined hand handed some money to a shopkeeper and took me home. Imagine how gentle the hand was, sieving me to be more refined. The hand mixed me with water and gently and lovely, I was like a mass of dough. The activities were executed with full attention and care, until I was ready for his project. He formed me into small pieces of thin, white and crunchy bread, like a small coin and some were bigger than me. I was made into a host.

I was then passed from hands to hands, until I saw myself in the middle of hundreds of people praying. I was in the hands of a priest, a representative of the Lord. Suddenly, he laid his hands over me and prayed, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, the Lord entered into me, so that I was not just simple bread. I am already the Christ, offered once again in memory of my last supper with the disciples, as I did it for the sins of humanity.

That simple grain died on the ground, grew and bore a hundred fold, processed and transformed, blessed and became the living sacrifice. IT WAS ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP