Powered by Blogger.

Monday 16 May 2011

Mission of Peter

Do you love me? …. Feed my lambs…

I could imagine the weight of the question. Raul, do you love me? It is such a question, not of doubt, but of certainty of God’s love. Three similar questions but in different tone and intensity. Peter was made of God’s love. He was anointed once again to become a disciple….”Come and follow me…!”

But, what about you Raul? I asked myself. How far do I love God? It is something really. How could my little soul answer such a heavy question? Yes I do! My soul was made an object of God’s love! That’s it! He made me think not just of simple loving, but deeper loving. I cannot love God more than He loves me. His love is beyond compare. Even if I have thousands of lives and love them tenderly, I cannot compare it with the love of God for me.

Jesus asked me if I love Him because He wanted to see if I have understood that deep love, that fullness of love that opens love, that generous love. When Christ loves, he loves no boundary or whatsoever. Jesus asked me at least three times because He knows it is impossible for me to love like him, but also I am so human in my answer, so he wanted to bring my soul to the spiritual level of loving- to give myself to Him and to others, without measure. Even if I am sinful, he knows that I cannot give more, but He takes away my weaknesses, even the dark spots of my life, that I may love in a higher and deeper degree.

Raul do you love me? Yes Lord, You know that I love you… Then, surrender yourself to me. I don’t need your sins and misgivings and mistakes and shortcomings. I have forgiven you and I only want you, your inner being, your heart, your soul, your feelings, emotions. I want your totality.

Jesus, by asking me such questions, re-anointed me too of a new vocation- “Go then and commit yourself. Move and be free!” It seems like that He is telling me, ‘Get lost of yourself and be free with me!’

No comments:

Post a Comment

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP